'The Royal Scot' Train Set
Condition - NEW
To own a Hornby Dublo Set was for many the ultimate and to have one that featured a large Pacific locomotive was just a dream come true.
The Hornby Dublo 'Duchess of Montrose' first appeared in a set during 1953 but it was some 5 years later that the set was repackaged and rebranded the 'Royal Scot'. The new graphics which featured a young boy looking excitedly at the trains in front of him, formed a visual template for other sets but it was the BR Green 'Duchess of Montrose' locomotive, plus two coaches and an oval of 3-rail track that really made the set stand out from the rest.
Some 64 years later the new Hornby Dublo 'Royal Scot' Train Set makes a welcome return and features the new metal bodied 'Duchess of Montrose' in BR Green, plus two coaches and 3rd Radius Oval Track, Power Connecting Track and Re-Railer.
As with the original, the set also includes a 'Royal Scot' headboard while the coaches have separate destination boards.NB. This set does not include a wall transformer or controller.
- The new set includes a metal bodied ‘Duchess of Montrose’ in BR Green, plus two coaches and 3rd Radius Oval Track, Power Connecting Track and Re-Railer.
- Just like the original, the set also includes a ‘Royal Scot’ headboard while the coaches have separate destination boards.
- BR Coronation Class 4-6-2 46232,
- ‘Duchess of Montrose’
- BR (exLMS) Composite Coach
- BR (exLMS) Brake 3rd Coach
Track and accessories
- 3rd Radius Starter Oval
- Power Connecting Track (R8206)
Shipping and Returns
Standard shipping rate of £2.00
Free delivery on all products over £50.00